Certain precautions are necessary before undergoing an Abdominoplasty, and a patient should strictly adhere to them:
- Complete and relevant blood tests to be conducted before the surgery, as prescribed by the treating doctor.
- Blood thinning medications should be clearly identified and stopped as per the doctor’s instructions.
- 8 hours fasting before the surgery.
- The healthy and nutritious diet should be made a part of the patient’s routine
- Intake of nicotine should be completely stopped before the surgery.
Specialized healthcare provisions and experienced doctors, minimize the risks and complications associated with the procedure. However, a patient should be aware of all plausible risks and complications, before undergoing the procedure:
- Adverse reaction to anaesthesia during the procedure.
- Post procedure infections.
- The fluid collection, due to improper drainage.
- Damage to nerves.
- Distorted appearance post the surgery.
- Blood clots, clotting in the deep vein, lung clots.
- Women wanting to get pregnant in the future should not undergo this procedure.