If the patient’s heart bypass surgery is scheduled in advance and not under emergency circumstances, he/she will have to follow several pre-operative appointments with the doctor, which will include enquiry about the patient’s health and family history.
The patient will have to pass through several tests to provide a clear picture of his/her health to the doctor. These tests include:
- Blood samples
- Chest X-ray
- The patient will have to stop all medication that affects how the process of blood clotting (This is because several pain relievers and heart medications affect the process of clotting). One should not stop these medications unless told by the doctor.
- It has to be made sure that any symptoms of a cold or flu are informed to the doctor as heart infections can reflect very serious effects.
- Quit smoking.
- Make arrangements for the patient’s weeklong stay at the hospital.
- To minimise the risk of infection, the patient should ensure to wash his/her body with a special soap just a day prior to the procedure.
- Stop water intake (12 to 14 hours before the surgery)
- Strictly adhere to all the medications prescribed by the doctor.
- The patient will be given an IV before the surgery through which medication, fluids, and anaesthesia will be provided.
The heart bypass surgery may follow the following complications:
- Infection and bleeding at the area of incision
- Reactions to anaesthesia
- Heart attack
However, once the patient recovers, the symptoms of angina will vanish. The person becomes more active and shows lower risk of experiencing a heart attack. Moreover, the surgery adds years to the patient’s life.
Being a patient-centric organization, Relihealth believes in the holistic and integrated approach towards providing compassionate care to every patient. Hence, year on year, our selected panel of heart surgeons achieve unmatched successful surgical outcomes even for the most complex cases. We value every patient, thus, we analyze, research and recommend the best hospitals and top doctors to them, as per their needs. We have a pool of best heart surgeons who have rich experience and expertise in all areas of heart surgery like open heart bypass surgery, heart transplants and other related complex treatments. The high-end and reliable treatments we arrange are at economical costs which make us the preferred choice of the patients. Hence, we are widely seen as one of the primary healthcare providers in India that offers complete care and guidance to patients requiring heart treatment.