About the Treatment
A cataract may be classified as a problem that results in clouding of the lens inside a person's eye. This leads to loss of vision which cannot be corrected using glasses or contact lenses. Even a corneal refractive surgery like LASIK does not show any positive effect on a cataract when implemented. This problem usually occurs due to aging. However, cataracts can be eliminated, and vision of a person can be restored through a cataract surgery. The surgery might also reduce a person's dependence on eyeglasses.
- Appropriate power of intraocular lens for implantation.
- Choosing a specific artificial lens based on length of eye and curvature of the cornea.
- Do not eat or drink anything the night before surgery.
- Make an arrangement for an attendant as you may not drive after surgery.
- Topical sedation will be given.
- The clouded lens will be emulsified and removed through a tiny incision at the side of the eye. An artificial lens shall be kept in the same location to provide focus to the eye.
- A bandage will be placed on the eye.
- Surgery will take less than half hour.
- Eye drops will be prescribed for few weeks.
- Once the vision is stabilized, glasses power will be prescribed if needed.
- Macular Swelling
- Corneal swelling
- Retinal detachment
- Dislocated lens material
- Adverse reactions to sedative or anesthetics
- Loss of vision
- Abnormal light reflections
- Need for glasses or CL
- Lid droopiness
- Dryness and irritation
- Increase in floaters
- Double vision
® Copyright 2016 Relihealth All Right Reserved Powered by
- 24X7 Helpline Number : +91-9810990001 (India) & for US and Canada Number : 844 633 4646