About the Treatment
Removing of the gallbladder is known as Cholecystectomy. It is a pear-shaped organ which stores and secretes bile which helps in digesting fat and fatty foods.
- Symptomatic cholelithiasis
- Biliary dyskinesia
- Acute cholecystitis
- Problems associated with common bile duct stones including pancreatitis
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- HIDA Scan
- ERCP (In some cases)
- Blood tests
- Chest x-ray
- Do not take anything the night before your operation.
- After anesthesia four small incisions will be made in the abdomen to insert laparoscope and instruments for operating.
- The surgeon will remove the gallbladder securing all other viscera.
- All the incisions will be closed and secured with a gauge bandage.
- Time taken for the procedure may be between 40 minutes to 2 hours depending on the patient condition.
- After the operation, the hospital is usually 1-3 days.
- Vitals monitored.
- You should not lift anything heavier for two weeks.
- Minimal pain is associated with this operation
- Constipation is common.
- Loose bowel movements
- Wound infection
- Hernia – Long term complication
® Copyright 2016 Relihealth All Right Reserved Powered by
- 24X7 Helpline Number : +91-9810990001