Laparoscopic Repair of Inguinal Hernia
About the Treatment
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair is a procedure followed to fix the abdominal wall (muscle) using a laparoscope with minimal incisions.
Inguinal Hernia is an absolute indication.
- Blood investigation
- EKG might be done but, on the basis of your age and medical condition.
- Do not eat or drink the night before the operation.
- Blood-thinning drugs should not be taken a week before surgery.
- Quit smoking
- After General Anaesthesia, four small incisions will be made in the abdomen to insert laparoscope and instruments for operating.
- The surgeon will repair the abdominal wall, and the hernia will be repaired.
- A mesh will be placed over the weakened abdominal wall and secured with a stitch, staple or adhesive.
- All the incisions will be closed and secured with a gauge bandage.
- Time taken for the procedure may be between 40 minutes to 2 hours depending on the patient condition.
- One to three days of hospital stay can be expected after this operation.
- Vitals monitored.
- You should not lift anything heavier after the operation.
- Minimal pain associated with this operation
- Low risk of injury to the following:
- Urinary bladder
- The intestines
- Blood vessels
- Bruising and swelling of the scrotum, penis, and testicles.
- The long-term recurrence rate of a hernia is low.
- Nerves or the sperm tube might reach the testicle.
- Persistent Fever & Chills
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- Inability to urinate
- A persistent cough or shortness of breath
- Redness or foul-smelling drainage from any incision
® Copyright 2016 Relihealth All Right Reserved Powered by
- 24X7 Helpline Number : +91-9810990001